CCHS MTB TEAM
Corner Canyon Mountain Biking is a nationwide leader not only in team size, but in excellence on and off the bike. We are proud of our riders and the values they stand for in our community
For 2018, our coaching staff remains the same. We appreciate their willingness to serve our team. This team is directed by an incredible all volunteer staff . Check them out here. We appreciate their willingness to serve our team. This team is directed by an all volunteer staff. We are truly fortunate to have such a great group who are willing to share their time and talents with us
This team’s success is critically dependent on our amazing group of ride leaders and other volunteers. There will be many opportunities to help this team. We expect each family to volunteer in one or more ways to make his team a success. We encourage you to get involved. If you would like to be a ride leader you can sign up on our website.
Beginning this year we will be part of the newly formed UTAH CENTRAL REGION. For more details on regions click here.
- APRIL 12th - Sign up/info night – 7:00PM SUMMIT ACADEMY JR HIGH
- APRIL 25TH TEAM KICKOFF BBQ
- MAY- fitness and skills training, bike maintenance training
- JUNE/JULY- team practice rides begin. practices held 3x/week
- AUGUST- required practices 3x/week -REQUIRED
- AUG-OCT – RACE SEASON!!
Practices will be held on M/W/F mornings in the summer. In season, we will practice on M/W evenings and alternate racing and pre-riding race courses on Saturdays.
We recognize that we train during the summer months and attendance expectations present a considerable challenge for riders and for coaches alike. We also understand that if racers aren’t riding, they will not be prepared for the race season. Our attendance policy reflects our desire to make sure that our riders are best prepared for the challenges of mountain bike racing. We feel this reflects the fact that it is summer and also respects the amount of time and effort being donated by our numerous volunteers who work diligently to make this experience possible for these riders. If you are not able to meet these expectations, please consider NOT joining the team. It is unfair to expect staff to constantly be making exceptions for 150+ riders when expectations have been made clear from the onset.
May Skills Training All riders are expected to participate at least 2 (of 4) training events and one basic bike maintenance skills event. First-Year riders must also attend one additional skills session designated for new team members only.
- All riders must be passed off on basic field maintenance skills prior to being allowed to practice with the team. (Workshops will take place during May and June skills training's).
- Early Practice Season (June-July 16th) - Riders should attend all practices held in this time frame. However, absences during this period due to significant family or educational conflicts are allowed. If a rider will be missing a practice, they should inform their coach in advance
- Race season - beginning July 16, practices are mandatory. (July 16th- end of season) – Riders committing to the team are expected to attend all practices. Riders who routinely miss practices, show up late and or leave early will be suspended or removed from the team at the coaches discretion. Exceptions to this policy will only be considered by petition from the student and a parent/guardian to the head coach, and should be limited to extenuating circumstances such as injury or illness.
- Racers attending practice and leaving early will be considered ABSENT. If a rider MUST leave early, it must be approved prior to practice starting
- Racers will be allowed to miss up to 3 practices between July 16th and the first race.
- Racers will be allowed to miss ONE practice between races (there are 5 practices between races).
- Racers must meet these expectations in order to be eligible to race.
- Missing practice due to injury or other extenuating circumstances will be handled on an individual basis with the coaching staff.
We believe that education comes first. A GPA of 2.8. must be achieved in the 4th quarter of this school year in order to be on the team. Those not meeting grade expectations will not be allowed on the team.
Those riders with educational plans can discuss this with the coaching staff. We will not prevent riders who have a plan and are doing their very best from participation.
All riders are expected to take part in 2 community service events each year. Usually this is trail work and charitable work.
$450 TEAM FEES INCLUDE FULL KIT, T-SHIRT, HOODIE, TEAM PARTIES, PRE-RACE DINNERS AND TEAM BANQUET. WE DO NOT WANT TEAM FEES TO DISSUADE ANYONE FROM PARTICIPATION ON OUR TEAM. A LIMITED NUMBER OF NEED BASED SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE. There will be a link for applications during SIGN UP NIGHT
Web pages are added a months prior to races that have directions, race day schedules, and all the information you need for each event.
OCTOBER 19-20 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP in ST GEORGE, UT--This is UEA weekend so book early.
Hotel links for our Team discount are listed on Vernal and St George race pages.
Hyatt Place $159 Nightly
Fairfield Inn $ 139 Nightly